ENGLISH GRAMMAR 2º ESO (April, 27th)



CONTRASTING PAST SIMPLE AND PAST CONTINUOUS    


This scheme exemplifies the following situation :
   -We have two actions in the same sentence. One was happening in a concrete past moment (past continuous) when the other one interrupted (past simple) it.
CLUE!!!!
    We usually have Past Simple after ‘WHEN’ and Past Continuous after ‘WHILE’

1.- Circle the correct answer.

                -I was having / had a shower when the phone rang.
                -She was riding / rode her bike when she fell down.
                -The light went off while they watched / were watching T.V.
                -It started raining while we walked / were walking our dog.
                -I was shopping in the supermarket when I was meeting / met Perry.
                -Mary was doing her homework when I arrived / was arriving.
                -He was playing / played tennis when he broke his ankle.
                -While I slept / was sleeping , a lightning fell on our roof.
                -I was finding / found a coin while I was walking down the street.
                -Paula was dancing / danced when she fainted.

2.-Do exercises 1 and 2 on page 42 in your workbook to practice the difference between Past Simple and Past Continuous and send me your answers to correct them.
 

 




Entradas populares de este blog

ENGLISH VOCABULARY 4º (June, 5th)

ENGLISH GRAMMAR 4º ESO (April, 27th)

ENGLISH WRITING 1º ESO (May, 22th)